Wednesday 23 November 2011

Tom Troscianko, 1953-2011


Professor Troscianko was a unique lecturer and I was fortunate enough to be one of his students.

I was really shocked and sad when I heard that he died on the 16th of November.

I know that his students, his fellow colleagues and most importantly his family will miss him greatly.

Professor Iain Gilchrist has summed up Tom's life and work in his obituary.

When it comes to death, especially the death of such a larger than life personality it is hard to find the words to express feelings. I will always remember his lectures, not only because he always had pictures of him in a bathing suit (?!) but because he was passionate about his work and most of all he was passionate about life.

2 comments:

Tania Hershman said...

I just heard this, I am so so sorry. What a tragedy.

maugan lloyd said...

Tom was a unique thinker, a great man and a great friend.

Maugan Lloyd