Friday 8 April 2011

Win beautiful books - come and read your science-inspired fiction and poetry!

On April 19th at 6pm at the fabulous Grant Bradley Gallery in Bristol, I am hosting an open mic night for fiction and poetry in any way inspired by science. This is part of the amazing Changing Perspectives month of exhibitions and activities bringing together art and science.. This event is completely FREE to attend (but booking is required, click here) and you can win one of several great prizes, including these books:



The White Road and Other Stories by Tania Hershman (yes, that's me)

I will be judging, and the theme of the evening can really be interpreted however you like - any genre, any style, as long as something scientific in some way was the inspiration. (I wrote more on my thoughts about this on the Wellcome Collection blog)

To prepare for the open mic, I will be jointly running a science-inspired fiction workshop on Wed 13th April, which once again is completely FREE, at the Grant Bradley Gallery, 2-4.30pm - booking is required, see here. Come and write!

3 comments:

Jed said...

Sounds facinating. Are we going to see any thing like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFIvXVMbII0
A mixture of science and music.

Unknown said...

Is there going to be coffe to ameriolate the even? ;)

Tania Hershman said...

Ed, thanks for the link, but I highly doubt! I think this Open Mic will not really feature any musical numbers :)

RockA, there is a cafe there, so I hope it will!